Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits Easy Southern Comfort Food
Crock Pot chicken and dumplings with biscuits is a Southern comfort food at its Southern comfort best. This is a real time saver. No hours of preparation in the kitchen and definitely no monitoring the cooking on the stove as you wait for time to pass so dinner can be served. Crock pots really bring it all together. Put the ingredients in, turn it on, go about your business, and eat.
Great for school night or work night, fast with no fuss. But also delicious enough for Sunday best. Now I like simple, how about you?
I’ve had this wonderful chicken recipe dozens of different ways. Sometimes I make my own dumplings from scratch. Of course, I am usually trying to impress someone when I go to that extra effort. But no matter it is delicious. And unnecessary. There are so many delightful ways to make dumplings, you should experiment with different techniques, One of the nicest and easiest ways is to make biscuits and drop it into the boiling chicken liquid.
Here is a variation on a great crock pot chicken and dumplings recipe. This is the quick, down and dirty method where you don’t even have to make the dumplings from scratch and you’ll never know the difference. Just don’t tell them. Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings with biscuits can be on your dinner table tonight. Bon Appetit!
A bowl of chicken and dumplings with green beans and carrots
- 4 T margarine or butter
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 C chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lg. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 11/2 cups of chopped fresh green beans
- 1 T parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 C dry white wine
- 1 can of refrigerator biscuits
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 T flour
- Place the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Heat the margarine until it is completely melted.
- Then add the oil.
- Put the onion into the skillet and cook about 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Place the chicken and onions into the crock pot.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add the celery, carrots, green beans, parsley, pepper, salt, allspice and wine.
- Cover and cook 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and set aside.
- Place the heavy cream and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together until the flour has completely dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the crock pot.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Drop the biscuit quarters into the crock pot and be sure it is still on the high temperature.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes or until firm.
- Return the chicken to the crock pot and allow to cook on high 10 minutes.
A Crock Pot By Any Other Name…
aka Slow Cooker and Now Days Instant Pot
A crock pot also known as a slow cooker is a normal much needed piece of equipment in any well maintained kitchen. Most cooks have an arsenal of recipes that they love for their slow cookers. They have been around for decades. Of course the very name Crock Pot, is the original name brand slow cooker and a very reliable and favorite of many cooks. One of the best rated name brand Crock Pots is the 6 quart programmable cook and carry crock pot slow cooker.
But there are many many different crock pots. The Hamilton Set and forget it is my favorite. It has a temperature probe that makes sure your dish is done and it is almost like they thought of everything. Also high rated. Have a look at both to see what you think.
And today’s fast rising slow cooker is included in the new sensation called Instant Pot. It is a multi function cooker that does it all. Slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker and that’s not even all of them. The one I’ve chosen is top rated and over 27,000 reviews for you to get a feel of what this great new kitchen accessory can do for you.
Once you choose one of these great cooking partners, you will become bombarded by all the fantastic recipes that are available for the crockpot/slowcooker/instantpot genius cookers. Enjoy!
Pin this Pin to Your Favorite Board for Future Reference
This resource library is open to everyone for free.
Free Printables, reports and other fun things. Ever Growing, Have a Look!
The Password to my Free Resource Library is ‘HappyLife’. No sign ups, just free!
We want everyone to Live their Best Life. Please Enjoy Your read.